Film Summary

 Hi guys,

I have to say these films are wow the brilliant behind the scenes and the shots are so different but all amazing. I personally love movies, specially action movies but I never thought about the different shot sequences going on. From the dolly shots and zooms and closeup, they all are similar in a way but so different at the same time. My First favorite film is Storming the Castle , it was amazing because after doing our 1st exercise I notice the different shots. And that extreme jump cut between the Knight running up to the other Knights was intentional. It brought so much comedy to the film and I wasn't sure if I was suppose to laughter or not because that scene made me burst out laughing. My second favorite film was Daydreaming by Radiohead, this music video made me appreciate the use of a nonverbal sequences. I also love the overexposure in the beginning of the music video. I love how in the middle of the video he seems to finally look at us the viewer and goes back to show his back. With the lack of background sound I can understand what he was trying to portrait in the video.

Comments

  1. Nice thoughts here, Ange. As we go deeper into video references, try to also interpret the ways in which they relate to our particular topic of continuity. Some editing choices disrupt continuity, others construct it. It might be helpful to bring more of the clips into your response in order compare and contrast the styles and approaches, and the ways in which they all address our topics. Hopefully there's some helpful references in there to get you thinking about your storyboarding and shot planning for the Doppelgänger assignment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment