Final Project Outline
My plan for the final project is to utilize a switch pitch ball, the one that is shown in my Exercise 1. I found the switch pitch ball to be a good thing to film for this transformation final project because the ball can transform from a bright green color to a bright orange color. Furthermore, these colors make the ball very easy to color key, so that has expanded lots of artistic options for me.
When the switch pitch ball is green, I plan on filming it being wrapped in orange construction paper. Then when the orange construction paper is unfolded, the ball will end up being orange. This will be a cool illusion I will make by cutting the footage multiple times when I am unfolding the switch pitch ball.
The second leg of the video will be filming the switch pitch ball at a river. With the switch pitch ball being such a bright color, and the river being such a dark color, it opens more options for color keying. Overall, I have some ideas, I already have a lot of this filmed, and it matches up well with the audio I choose.
As we discussed last week, I think the crux of this piece will be structural. How will you organize such interesting and experimental footage into a timeline that flows and takes the viewer through a resolved experience, with a beginning, middle and end. If you're shooting is all done, I hope you'll be open to organizational suggestions from all of us tomorrow, in order to strengthen the context within which these cool color experiments might be situated.
ReplyDelete