Outline
For my final film, I want to use the same concept as before, (mirror angled towards different objects), but use different imagery along with clips of the woods. The woods will be stagnant images in the video, as well as blank screens to cut up the clips in the film. I will be using zooming in as a tool to make the composition stronger in scenes. The sound will be classical music like a single piano piece as well as recorded noises of the woods, but I am trying to figure out how those two will go together. I want the film to be abstract and have the viewer make up the story of the film, and I want the film to feel eerie, quiet, and alone.
As we discussed last week, composition and framing will be key to this piece feeling cohesive and intentional. There were so many amazing compositions in your Abstraction project, that just got a little buried with other handheld shots that felt less decisive. Starting off with a collection of clear-cut shots will give you so much to work with when editing. Then, you can sample, layer, loop and cut the sound to suit the tonal flow and eerie feeling that you're intending. Looking forward to seeing some progress!
ReplyDelete