Project outline

 I don't have a solid idea for my project yet, I've basically just been trying to get a bunch of video clips, pictures, and stuff to try and get some inspiration. I'm going to definitely do a more abstract piece, like, with overlaying the clips and stuff. for now, my plan is to jumble up those clips that I have and kind of let them create their own little semi-narrative piece.


Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how this idea has progressed since this post. It sounds like much more organization and context is needed, but sometimes that comes best once your hands are dirty through experimentation in Premiere. Going off of your Abstraction piece, consider the compositional, as well as conceptual, consequences of each overlay. Establishing a tonal formula sometimes helps, such as starting out pretty clear, representational, and static; then ramping up over the course of the piece to end of convoluted, messy, and jumpy. It might be that the emotive potential of the images, composites, colors and cuts, is more important to pay attention to than the narrative that sometimes emerges from representational imagery. I hope you have your tests far enough along for us to check out tomorrow. It is so helpful to get eyes on things when we're experimenting so openly. Looking forward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment